- Public Works
- Wastewater Treatment Plant
Wastewater Treatment Plant
This department manages the reclamation of wastewater received from the community for further distribution to the irrigation farm. The wastewater treatment plant consists of a supervisor and five certified operators.
Goals and Objectives
- To provide quality effluent water for irrigation of Coastal Grass at the Irrigation Farm and provide quality reuse water for irrigation at the parks and recreation fields.
- Maintain proper operation and maintenance of equipment at the Wastewater Plant
- Keep waste solids at a manageable level in the plant
- Meet or exceed parameters set forth by permit with Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
Accomplished in 2018 - 2019
- Irrigation of parks and soccer fields with reusable water, along with providing reuse water to the City of Meadowlakes Golf Course.
- Produce the best possible effluent water by complying with state regulations.
- Maintain grounds and buildings so that the appearance is acceptable to the surrounding areas of the plant.
- Continued liquid sludge program by accepting waste from septic haulers.
- Refurbished number the clarifier to obtain optimal quality effluent water for years to come.
- Pulling together as a team to keep the plant operations up to TCEQ standards during and after the flood of 2018.
Plan to accomplish in 2019 - 2020
- Continue to learn, train, and upgrade operator licenses with TCEQ
- Maintain grounds and buildings
- Continue to provide reusable water to the park system, soccer fields, Meadowlakes Golf Course
- Upgrade plant SCADA screening system
- Explore wastewater treatment plant expansion options per TCEQ requirements.