- How Do I
- Stay Notified
- Social Media
- Twitter Policy
City of Marble Falls Twitter Policy
Twitter pages operated by the City of Marble Falls are a place where we want to foster positive communication between the city and the citizens. We are excited about sharing information about what is happening in our great city. We are also excited to hear from members of our community.
While Twitter pages will not be monitored 24/7, all tweets and replies are read on a regular basis and will remain unreported or a user unblocked if in keeping with the city's user guidelines. Our user guidelines are as follows:
- Responses to comments are limited to providing factual information. Moderators will not argue with any person who chooses to engage on this account.
- New postings must be relevant, current and appropriate. Keep comments short and to the point.
- Do not include personally identifiable information within your tweet. This would include but is not limited to addresses, phone numbers, social security numbers or other sensitive information.
- Do not represent yourself as another person.
- Responses must be civil. They must not contain malicious, offensive, threatening, profane or insulting language. No references to the personality of other participants or individuals. Attacks on individual character will not be tolerated. Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical / mental disability or sexual orientation will not be tolerated. Above all else, respect each other.
- Do not post anything containing sexual content or links to sexual content.
- Threats of violence will not be tolerated.
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity is not allowed.
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems is not permitted.
- Do not post content that violates proprietary information of any other party.