Do I need a permit outside the city limit?

Yes, in some cases.  The city has a one (1) mile extraterritorial jurisdiction from the city limit.  Permitting for signs, subdivisions (subdividing of land), non-point source pollution permits, and water quality is done through the city.

For properties outside the city limit connected to the city's water or wastewater system, a plumbing permit is required form the city.

Building, electrical, mechanical, and other related permits are not issued by the city; however, it is recommended that you contact the Burnet County offices for permitting requirements.

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for a permit?
2. Do I need a permit within the city limit?
3. Do I need a permit outside the city limit?
4. What are permit fees?
5. How long does it take to get a permit?
6. What are the city's adopted building codes?