Special Event Permits
Do You Need a Special Event Permit?
The City recognizes the need to encourage and promote events. The Special Event Permit process is intended to provide a safe, orderly means for special events to be held with the City limit. All regulations are deemed necessary for the protection of the health, safety and general welfare of the volunteers, members and their patrons.
A permit is required to conduct a Special Event. Special event means a termporary event, gathering, or organized activity, including, but not limited to parades, bike and foot races, block parties, street fairs, concerts, carnivals, festivals or other similar events or attractions that include one of more of the following:
- Commonly held outdoors; or
- Interfere with the normal flow or regulation of pedestrian or vehicular traffic; or
- Require special City services, including, but not limited to, street closure(s), provision of barricades, refuse services, stages, special parking arrangements, special electrical services or special safety services; or
- Are held on City property.
A Special Event Permit is not required for:
- Funeral or dignitary processions;
- Groups required by alw to be so assembled;
- Pedestiran processions along a route that is restricted to sidewalks and crossing streets only at pedestrian crosswalks in accordance with traffic regulations and controls;
- An event wholly contained on private property specifically designed or suited for the event and which holds a certificate of occupancy for such, including adequate parking; and
- Activities and events deemed by the City Manager or his designated representative to not require a special event permit.
Submit the application, application fee and supplemental requirements at least 90 days before the event. The application will be reviewed by each City Department and may result in the need for additional information.
A first event meeting with the Special Events Review Panel will be held at least 60 days prior to the event to ensure proper communication.
The City shall act upon a complete event application within thirty (30) business days after receipt of the application. A Special Event Permit is granted once the application, supplemental forms, plans have all been approved and all fees paid.
Non Profit - $35
For Profit - $50
Applicants for a Special Event Permit shall furnish the City with proof of commercial general liability insurance in the amount of one million dollars ($1,000,000) combined single limits per occurrence and an endorsement naming the City of Marble Falls as an additional insured must be provided. Certificates of insurance shall be submitted to the City no less than (15) business days prior to the event.