Boards & Commissions

Resident Involvement

City government depends heavily on residents who volunteer their time and energy to participate as members of boards and commissions. The involvement of residents is important to setting the direction of Marble Falls' future. To apply for appointment to a city board or commission complete the application and submit to the City Secretary's Office.

Qualifications for Appointment

The Marble Falls' Home Rule Charter establishes that all members of city boards and commission must be residents of Marble Falls, a registered voter of the city and shall not be in arrears in the payment of any taxes or liability due the city. Members of MFEDC Board may also be a resident of Burnet County who resides within 10 miles of the corporate city limits boundary. Members of the Planning & Zoning Commission must own real property within the City limit of Marble Falls. Members of the TIRZ Board own real property within the TIRZ or be an agent or employee of a real property owner who owns real property within the TIRZ.

Selection Process
Members of boards and commissions are appointed by the Mayor and City Council. Board and commission members are appointed by City Council majority vote. In most cases board members may serve on only one board or commission at the same time. Any member who is absent from three regularly scheduled meetings is subject to removal.